Heya folks, been a while, sure. But, as always, I’m planning to change my wicked ways, starting with this blog. Expect to hear from me more often.
2016 was a pivotal year for my practice. After years of not engaging with Linton Silver (the heritage range of cutlery and tableware designed by my great grandfather, grandfather and father) illness in the family prompted me to make the decision to take it on again. I took over the mainstay of my father’s business, and in doing so realised that I had more work than I could handle on my lonesome. So the decision to stop teaching for North Metro TAFE was born and I handed in my resignation, working out the year. Of course, I’m already missing my fabulous students and the excellent facilities but I’m also excited for the opportunities the additional time will afford me.
2017 is already shaping up to be a game-changer. I have some super exciting things in the works already:
- I’m starting 2017 with 4 new West Australian stockists for my jewellery works
- developing an online store,
- moving into an awesome shared studio space in Northbridge (happening February, stay tuned!)
- working on a contemporary range of silverware to complement the tradition Linton Silver work
- developing work for a second solo exhibition at Gallows Gallery in 2018.
So watch this space, and I’ll keep in touch – and if you’re not already doing so, you can keep track of me on Instagram and Facebook. I post a lot of commission and work in progress shots there.
Big love, and I hope your year ahead holds as much promise.